It has almost been one year since CastleVille Legends’ global launch and since then, we’ve had some great updates…and some areas where we can improve. Along the way, we’ve listened closely to your feedback and are actively working to improve your experience. Today, we’d like to take this time to reflect on our experiences with the game, acknowledge where we can do better, and share the exciting stuff to look forward to on this fantastical journey.
We know that as players you have choices about where you spend your time. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding during this past year. Over the next few upcoming releases, you will see some exciting changes coming to the game more frequently, which will also address your requests. We thank you for sticking with us so far, and we ask that you stick with us in the future, as the best is yet to come.
As many of you are aware, each week we host a new Suggestion Sunday Event, which many of you participate and share feedback on how we can improve your experience with the game. Rest assured, the team continuously takes these ideas and suggestions into consideration while developing new updates for CastleVille Legends. Now, we’d like to take this opportunity to provide updates on the top discussed requests and topics with each one of you:
- Crashes: Crashes sometimes plague CastleVille Legends like the Dark Rift. Please know that we are committed to decreasing these instances for each update and we kindly ask for your continued patience while we address crash issues in the upcoming releases.
Additional Information: Devices have a limited amount of memory, and this memory is shared by all apps running on the device. If the device runs out of memory, it will shutdown apps until enough memory is freed. Unfortunately, this means the device can even shutdown the app (in this case, CastleVille Legends), which is requesting the memory. Until the next update goes out to help solve these issues, you can try shutting down your device, and then reload the CastleVille Legends app. In this case, it will have the most memory available to it and it will decrease the chances of crashing due to running out of memory.
Note: One thing we discovered is that crashes are more common on the iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad Mini and iPad 2. If you experience a crash, please turn your device off for a few minutes, then turn it back on to reboot, and then reload the game. Following these steps should free up memory space for the game’s graphics to properly load on your device and/or tablet.
- Expansions: Yes, there are new Expansions coming! More importantly, we want to make sure the game is stable. In order to do this, we’re taking the extra steps to ensure CastleVille Legends can support this new content. We hope you understand why this has taken more time than we originally had expected.
- New Heroes: Similarly to Expansions, new Heroes will be making their way to the game!
- Level 60 & 4 Million Max Caps: Stay tuned, as we are working towards increasing these caps over the upcoming weeks!
- Liang: We know he was troublesome for a number of people, but we’ve negotiated a new agreement with him to make the Orders more reasonable from now on.
- Facebook Connect: In this day and age, there is multitude of various mobile and tablet devices. What this means for us is that this feature will more than likely remain a work-in-progress before all issues have been squashed. Please continue to send us any imperative information (e.g. device, version number, platform, etc.) to Player Support so the team can include this with their research. Every bit of info helps!
- Unable to send and/or receive Quick Spells: This issue is a little stickier than what we originally expected. We are indeed working to address this pesky bug in an upcoming release. Please keep in mind that it could take a few updates before it is completely resolved.
- Lost Progress and/or Level Rollback: While we’ve addressed some of the rollback issues, there are some edge cases that remain, and we will continue to resolve on a case-by-case basis. Unfortunately, there is no fix-all solution, as Internet connectivity and other factors with Zynga’s Network can cause progression loss. If you’ve experienced a rollback, please view the troubleshooting steps to help get your game back up and running: Rollback Issues in CastleVille Legends
- Other Issues: There are three bugs, which require the assistance of our Player Support Team in order to resolve the issue. Please see the list of these issues below and contact Player Support from HERE, and then click on the red “Get Help” button in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Additionally, please be prepared to state what issue(s) you are currently experiencing while submitting a request for help.
- Inability to harvest (Resources, Buildings, etc.)
- Duplicate Buildings
- Heroes stuck in the ice
Now for the good stuff! To bring all of you up to our level of excitement about the future of CastleVille Legends, below is a little insight into some exciting features and content coming over the next few months:
- Seasonal Events (expect to see some spooky stuff around Halloween!)
- More Expansions!
- Travelling heroes are coming to your kingdom! For a small price (Coin and/or Crown options), they’re happy to explore Places of Legend. Travelling heroes can find items that other Heroes cannot, so don’t let them pass you by once they are available!
- A new set of Boosts, which will help give you a crafting edge!
ArcticF0xx – Community Lead