UPDATE: This event has been extended until February 04, 2015. This should give you enough time to earn the mystical rewards that are waiting for the most zealous adventurers.
The Giovanni VS Magnus event is broken up into 4 consecutive Chapters that unlock over time.
If you are level 17 or higher and have both Magnus and Giovanni unlocked, you will see the following pop-up. Click (web) and/or tap (mobile/tablet) on the “Let’s See” button to begin the event!
Giovanni VS Magnus Quests
Before you can earn rewards, you must complete the Weekly quests (Chapters I – IV) which will unlock over time. To see the current Weekly Quest (Chapter), click (web) or tap (mobile/tablet) on the Progress Bar at the bottom of the gameboard (see image below).
Each Weekly Quest (Chapter) has either 2 or 3 sub-Quests. If you complete all of the tasks of the entire Weekly Quest (Chapter), you will get some great prizes, such as currencies or items!
Note: If you would like a tutorial on how to use the Event Center, please view the official guide: The Event Center
In addition, your Progress Bar will fill up with Starry Night Sky for each task you complete.
From the Overall Progress tab (1st Tab) of the Event Center, click (web) or tap (mobile/tablet) on the “Accept” button to access that particular sub-Quest (see image below).
As you complete the tasks of a sub-Quest, a green checkmark will indicate that particular sub-Quest has been completed (see image below). Click (web)or tap (mobile/tablet) on the “Repeat” button if you wish to earn additional rewards while you wait for the next sub-Quest to unlock.
Chapter I, Quest 1: “A Tinkerer’s Wit I of VI”
1. Gather 12 Grey Adamant Ore.
Helpful Tip: Grey Adamant Mines can be purchased in the Market. Superior Grey Adamant Mines give you additional Ore.
2. Craft 7 Lava Hammers
3. Send Giovanni to the Ancient Watchtower.
Chapter I, Quest 2: “A Tinkerer’s Wit II of VI”
1. Collect a Molten Bolt
Helpful Tip: This can drop from Mount Cinder. Giovanni gives the best chance!
2. Craft 3 Molten Rivets
3. Send Giovanni to the Gateway of Luck.
Chapter I, Quest 3: “A Tinkerer’s Wit III of VI”
1. Craft the Telescope Base
2. Craft Carrot Soup
3. Send Giovanni to the Well of Wishes
Chapter II, Quest 1: “A Tinkerer’s Wit IV of VI”
1. Collect Telescope Lenses
2. Collect Crystallized Honey
3. Send Giovanni to the Dragon Ruin
Chapter II, Quest 2: “A Tinkerer’s Wit V of VI”
1. Craft Lens Holders
2. Craft Tyrant Glue
3. Send Giovanni to Dragon’s Clutch
Chapter II, Quest 3: “A Tinkerer’s Wit VI of VI”
1. Craft Giovanni’s Telescope
2. Collect Star Maps
3. Send Giovanni to Mount Cinder
Chapter III, Quest 1: “Magical Masterplan I of VI”
1. Collect Galvorn
Helpful Tip: Galvorn Forges can be purchased in the Market. Superior Galvorn Forges give you additional Galvorn.
2. Craft Forest Charm Necklaces
3. Send Magnus to the Ancient Watchtower
Chapter III, Quest 2: “Magical Masterplan II of VI”
1. Craft a Bag of Stardust
2. Collect Clairvoyance Spell Scrolls
3. Send Magnus to Mount Cinder
Chapter III, Quest 3: “Magical Masterplan III of VI”
1. Craft a Crystal Base
2. Send Magnus to Well of Wishes
3. Collect Beard Combs
Chapter IV, Quest 1: “Magical Masterplan IV of VI”
1. Collect Spells of Sight
2. Craft Ethereal Dye
3. Send Magnus to the Gateway of Luck
Chapter IV, Quest 2: “Magical Masterplan V of VI”
1. Gather Unenhanced Orbs
2. Craft Witches’ Brew
3. Send Magnus to Gateway of Luck
Chapter IV, Quest 3: “Magical Masterplan VI of VI”
1. Craft a Clairvoyance Crystal
2. Craft Carrot Cake
3. Send Magnus to Dragon’s Clutch
Once you’ve completed the entire Event, you will win 5 Trail Kitchen Boosts!
In addition to these Quests, there are also optional Quests during the Event, which are usually meant to be done during the course of the entire Event.
Optional Quest: “Extra Parts” – Reward: 8 Crowns
1. Gather 100 Grey Adamant Ore
2. Sell 10 Grey Adamant Ore by Sea Trading
3. Go to Mount Cinder 7 Times.
● Check out the countdown timer on the Progress Bar and the Overall Progress tab (the first tab) of the Event Center to see how much time is remaining to complete all of the Weekly Quests. If you do not complete all of the Quests before the time runs out, you will not earn the Trail Kitchen Boosts.
● If you want to see how much time you have left until the next Weekly Quest (Chapter) begins, click (web)or tap (mobile/tablet) on the Progress Bar; the timer is below the next Chapter on the Overall Progress tab (the first tab) of the Event Center.
● Crafted Event Items are stored in a special Storage, therefore they do not show up in your Royal Vault! To make sure these items are counted for the quests, before gathering them from your Workshops, it’s important to check if the Event is active first: the progress bar should be visible and you should be able to access the Event Center.
We hope you enjoy the Giovanni VS Magnus Event!
Khazmoth – Community Moderator